- Next post - Activities, including upcoming food tasting events w/ Land & Sea Youth club and general membership start Feb 2009
- Report & links to the many connections made at SF Congress/SF Nation this summer to be posted
The rumor of Territorial and other seed companies' buyout by a major chemical/ag company is addressed in the Jan. 09 PCC (Puget Consumer Co-op) newsletter ("Correction to 'Who owns the seed supply?'") The rumored seed companies - including Territorial - have not been purchased. But seed wholesaler Seminis was bought by the GMO giant.
And, Seminis is a source of seeds to many companies named in the PCC report.
If you have concerns, look at
- the list of the names of Seminis seed varieties from Seed Saving Blogspot, titled "Seminis Vegetable Varieties (now owned by Monsanto)" ;
- a list of companies who have signed the Safe Seed Pledge, and
- the list of Seed Companies Selling Organic Seed. Many companies have begun to stop buying any seeds sourced from Seminis, including Seminis' GMO varieties.
More on Monsanto: finances, products and other seed co. subsidiaries. (including De Ruiter Seeds and Amer. Seed Inc. and its sub-companies)
Great documentary on Monsanto and GM crops - YouTube
Or watch the entire video (108 minutes) here.
Last call: In the next few hours, we'll see the beginning of the renewal of our country's promise.
And, like the man said, we are the people we've been waiting for.